When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course teaches the essentials of authoring requirements using DOORS Next, formerly DOORS Next Generation (DNG).OVERVIEW:This hands-on course takes students through the basic tasks required to...Read More
This course teaches the essentials of authoring requirements using DOORS Next, formerly DOORS Next Generation (DNG).
This hands-on course takes students through the basic tasks required to author and manage requirements and requirement attributes using DOORS Next.
DOORS Next is the requirements management component of the IBM® Engineering Lifecycle Management tool suite (formerly Rational® CLM). It provides a scalable solution for authoring, collaboration, and verification of requirements throughout an organization and supply chain. It enables users to capture, trace, analyze, and manage changes to requirements while maintaining compliance to regulations and standards.
After completing this course, students will be able to use DOORS Next to browse, filter, create, modify, organize, and link requirements. Students also will learn to view artifact history.
U5NSL57G: IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next - Advanced Topics, V7.x (DNG)
• Log On and Navigate
• Artifact Page Basics
• Artifact Page Filters
• Configure Page Settings
• Module Basics
• Modify Artifacts
• Move and Copy Artifacts
• Artifact Links
• Artifact Links via Drag and Drop
• Artifact Attributes
• Artifact Comments
• Artifact States
• Module Metadata
• Open Artifacts from Module
• Module Filters
• Module Columns
• Module Views
• Module vs. Base Context
• Module and Artifact History
• Overview of DNG artifacts, attributes, and relationships
• Log on to the DNG web client and learn basics of navigation
• Project page overview and basic page configuration
• Create filters to find and display artifacts
• Columns, grouping, page size, and tree view
• Module structure and artifact access within a module
• Create, remove, and modify artifacts in a module context
• Move and copy/paste artifacts in module contexts
• Links artifacts in module contexts
• Using drag and drop to establish module context artifact links
• Modifying artifact attributes in a module context
• Working with artifact comments in a module context
• Modifying the state of artifacts in a module context
• Working with module level links, comments, and attributes
• Open individual artifacts from a module
• Create artifact filters in a module
• Manage displayed columns in a module
• Create and save module filters and column settings
• Understand module and base context
• View module and artifact history
Individuals responsible for authoring requirements using DOORS Next including business analysts, systems engineers, software engineers, requirements engineers, requirements managers, and requirements team leaders.
No previous DOORS Next experience is required.