When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes: - Instructional content available online for duration of course - Visuals without hands-on lab exercises IBM offers a comprehensive...Read More
This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
IBM offers a comprehensive portfolio of SAN switches, storage, software, services and solutions to reliably bring information to people in a cost effective way. IBM provides flexible, scalable and open standards-based business-class and global enterprise-class storage networking solutions for the on demand world.
This course provides an overview of storage network and data center networking technology. It reviews SAN concepts, Fibre Channel architecture, SAN topologies, IBM b-type offerings, IBM offerings from Cisco, and SAN over Ethernet architectures, such as iSCSI and FCoE.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Classify the components of a SAN infrastructure
- Appraise the Fibre Channel architecture and terms
- Classify the three major components of a SAN
- Differentiate the features of the IBM Storage System b-type switch offerings
- Differentiate the features of the IBM offered Cisco SAN switches and directors
- Evaluate the implementations of iSCSI and FCoE
This is a base course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading of IBM systems.
The following course, or equivalent knowledge, is required prior to this course:
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
Unit 1 - SAN Concepts
Unit 2 - Fibre Channel
Unit 3 - SAN design and topology
Unit 4 - IBM Fibre Channel b-type switches and directors
Exercise 1 - Switch management overview
Exercise 2 - Zone configuration using Web Tools
Exercise 3 - Configure a Spectrum Virtualize storage system
Exercise 4 - Zone configuration with CLI
Exercise 5 - SAN Domain Fabrics
Exercise 6 - Boot from SAN
Unit 5 - Cisco MDS Fibre Channel switches and directors
Unit 6 - SAN over Ethernet
Exercise 7 - Cisco MDS basic configuration
Exercise 8 - Cisco management tool installation
Exercise 9 - VSAN configuration
Exercise 10 - Define zone configuration on Cisco
Exercise 11 - Configuring DS3524 storage device
Exercise 12 - iSCSI configuration